lunes, 22 de mayo de 2017

Faride Zerán


A journalist that I admire a lot is Faride Zerán, she was my ethics teacher and journalistic treatments in the first semester of the career.

Faride is a journalist from the University of Chile. She was born in Puerto Natales in 1949. After the military coup she was exiled in Argentina and Venezuela. 

She was assistant director of Pluma y pincel, worked in the newspaper La Época and in the magazine Análisis. She was a literary critic on the television show El show de los libros and she was also a member of the Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN).

She was director of the Institute of Communication and Image between 2003 and 2010. Later in 2014 she was appointed Vice-rector of Extension and Communications of the University of Chile.

Faride won the National Journalism Award in 2007 and the Amanda Labarca Award in the year 2014. Her most important book is La Guerrilla Literaria.

I admire Faride profoundly since she was dedicated to the cultural area of ​​journalism which is an area that interests me a lot. She has many knowledge in this field, especially in literature. I also highly value her critical view of journalism. She is a great woman and a great journalist from who I learned a lot. 


3 comentarios: